Friday, June 10, 2011

Updates!

So as some of you may have noticed, I had a recipe posting marathon the other day.  I was putting together a family recipe thing for a class and I needed to post a bunch of the "classics".  Anyway, I had them categorized all nicely, but then I figured, why not do that with everything?  So if you look at the top of the page, there is a "recipe" tab that has all of the recipes that I have posted, sorted into categories.  That will make navigating a lot easier! 
So tomorrow is my first half marathon!  I have to be at the bus to the starting line at 3:30am.  Yeah.  Sometimes that's how late I'm still up from the night before doing runs.  
Last night I went and got a sports injury massage (thank you SO much, Momma White) for my IT band.  It hurt SO much, but in a very healing sort of way.  I guess it's perfect timing-- I'm supposed to be a little sore today, but I should feel a significant difference on Saturday.  Apparently after a few session the whole problem will basically be taken care of.  If I don't slack off with the stretching and icing and heating, I'll be in good shape.
Mom and Dad Brooks also have totally saved me in helping me get what Sam calls a Bat Utility Belt. I can carry some water, my asthma inhaler (allergies are killing me), some shot bloks, and my iPod.  Bomb-diggity. Thanks!
So yeah, I'm definitely looking forward to the race!  I feel ready and I know that I will at least not die, since I've done a farther distance than that just recently.. So long as I don't get injured, I should be good!  I have no idea what my time is going to work out to, but I think I'll try sticking with a pacer and see how it goes.  Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck, I bet you will do AMAZING! That's so awesome that you're doing a half-marathon! :)

    ReplyDelete