Monday, June 27, 2011

Summer reading!

I don't even remember the last book I read for fun, not counting running books to get training plans.  I used to read a lot.  I used to get in trouble for having my light on reading too late at night, so I would sneak a flashlight into my room and put a towel at the bottom of the door so my parents couldn't see the light.  Then the next morning when the door wouldn't open because it got stuck on the towel I would say that it must have fallen off the doorknob (Mom, did you know?)

I love reading, and I love books.  Now my reading mostly consists of textbooks, and as interesting as some of them are, that's just a bummer.
I really want to find some great books to read this summer.  I know for a fact that some of you are big readers, so please give me your recommendations!  Or, even better, if you have a book I can borrow instead of buy, that would be awesome!
One book I have heard is really good is "The Help".  Has anyone read it or heard anything about it?


7 comments:

  1. Did you ever borrow the great and the terrible series from thomsens? If you havent read those, they are really good. I loved them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read the Help, and I loved it. Read it! You should get on goodreads.com and you can see friends' recommendations. That's where I hear about what's good. I just started reading Divergent, and so far so good... it came recommended by tons of friends too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read The Help! It was really really good. I literally could not put it down and I finished it in just a couple of days. I thought it was really well-written and had great plot structure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I just saw this book at Costco..... Hmmm I'll pick it up for you next time I'm there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha I was just like you when I was little! My parents would come down to my room and tell me to go to bed so I'd turn off my light and then when they went upstairs I'd turn it back on and read late at night. My mom would have to punish me by taking away my books ;)

    And I've heard from a lot of people that the Help is good! I will have to read it too, because I need to get more into reading again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Help is good - I'm reading it a second time for bookclub later this summer.

    Other great books:
    - The Hunger Games (of COURSE)
    - The Wednesday Wars
    - These is My Words
    - Outliers
    - The Truth about Forever
    - Graceling and/or Fire
    - The Goose Girl
    - The Best Bad Luck I Ever Had

    ReplyDelete
  7. So I just read the help. It was fantastic.

    ReplyDelete