I just love Tzatziki sauce! It's super good on pitas, with chips or crackers, on sammiches... Good stuff! It can be pricey in the store, but you can make your own (less fatty version) super easily!
- 1 1/2 cup grated cucumber
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 cup plain fat free Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup non-fat sour cream (or, more yogurt if you're anti-sour cream)
- 2 tsp chopped fresh dill (or about 3-4 tsp if using dried)
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- lemon zest from 1/2 a lemon (optional, if you are just using bottled lemon juice don't worry about the zest)
- 2 garlic cloves
- additional salt, to taste
Lay out cucumber on a paper towel and sprinkle with 1/8 tsp salt. Let stand for about 30 minutes.
Combine all ingredients. Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving. Store in an airtight container in the fridge. Ta-da!