Monday, June 13, 2011

S'more Cookies

Well, let's be honest, I suck at pictures.  I will also be honest and say that at least I don't suck at baking!  I got this recipe from The Girl Who Ate Everything, and they are fantastic!  I couldn't have them all sitting around here, so I took them to work and my boss gave them rave reviews.  They're way easy, and way good! I'll post the halved recipe that I used.  It fills up one jelly roll pan, which I think is just the right amount!  But please refer to the original recipe for better pictures ;)


S'more Cookies
5 Tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 1/4 cups flour
1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup mini marshmallow
s
3 regular sized Hershey’s bars, broken into pieces (optional)
1-2 packages graham crackers, broken into squares

Preheat oven to 375.  Line a baking sheet with wax paper.  Place graham crackers on the sheet, keeping them close together.

Whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
Cream butter with sugar, add eggs and vanilla, then mix to combine.
Add the flour mixture to the butter/sugar and mix on low speed.
Fold in the chocolate chips and marshmallows.  My marshmallows were quite dried out, but it still worked great (so, good recipe to use up stale 'mallows!). Chill the dough for at least an hour.
Place balls of dough on each graham cracker then flatten slightly with your fingers.  I did about a tablespoon of dough.  Mine didn't spread as much as the original recipe, and that was the right amount to fill up the graham. 
Bake for 5 minutes then press Hershey piece on to top (if you have them).  Bake for an additional 5- minutes or until cookies are browned.  If your cookies have spread, let cool before cutting apart.

1 comment: