Saturday, April 9, 2011

Oreo Truffles

As I mentioned in another post, I went to the grocery store the other day and bought a ton of really healthy/wonderful foods- and a bag of oreos.  Sam has been asking for oreo truffles for a while now, so I decided to surprise him :)
Originally there were like 25 of these bad boys, but I sent a bag of them with Sam to his group meeting (they're going to be working for a loooong time today so I figured they could use the treat to get them through it).  This was the last long oreo truffle, and it's a good thing I remembered to take a picture before I ate it!
yeah baby!

Oreo Truffles
1 (16oz) package of oreos
1 (8 oz) package of cream cheese, softened
2 (8 oz) packages of semi-sweet Baker's chocolate

Crush 9 cookies in a food processor, and save for later use.
Crush remaining cookies; place in a medium sized bowl.  Add cream cheese and mix until well blended.  Form into bite-sized balls.  Melt chocolate, then dip cookie balls in chocolate.  Place on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper and garnish with extra cookie crumbs.  Place in fridge until hardened (about 1 hour).  Store in fridge in a sealed container.

(Apparently "bite sized" means you get 42 balls out of it.  I made about 25, so what does that say about the size of my bites?)


3 comments:

  1. Oh wow! These look amazing! Gonna try to make them tonight

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! Those look SO yummy! I may have to make them sometime I think they won't kill me. Mmmmm.

    ReplyDelete