Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Running update

Due to the high volume of running, I have fractured my foot :( I did an 18 mile run last week and since then my foot has been pinching and cramping really badly. I went to the doctor today, and he says no running for two weeks because it's fractured. What am I going to do with myself!?  It's really dumb to me, because I haven't been running more than usual and I've been fine up until now.
Although, I fractured my foot in high school as well, and that time I had to use a cane for a month. So I guess I'm getting off easy! I also should be back and good to go before the next half I'm pacing at the end of the month, thank goodness, and then in February the official training for the next marathon begins!  Fingers crossed for an effective recovery!

1 comment:

  1. Ouch! that sucks. I hope you heal fast!

    ReplyDelete