Tuesday, August 6, 2013

We've got a kicker!

I've been feeling Great White Shark Baby kicking for just a little over a week now, and holy smokes, this kid is active! I first felt it when I poked my stomach to see if GWSB would poke back, and they did!  If I have my laptop on my lap, I'm leaning against the counter, or leaning forward in my chair, GWSB gets especially aggressive and gives a bunch of jabs to get some space back.  There's also some activity throughout the day and when I first get in bed. It feels kind of creepy, but I love it.
In case anyone is wondering, I call it GWSB because fetuses look like baby sharks early on, and I really dislike the usual fetus nicknames.  Shark baby is way cooler.
Today I had the first Dr. appointment up here in Washington, and once again, it was a little hard to get a good heart rate reading because GWSB would start kicking the doppler and swimming away whenever we got close. Then later today I got to go back for an anatomy scan (FINALLY!).  It was so weird to both feel and see the kicking, punching,  and stretching (and flipping off)!  We got to see a 3D image, too-- of the face smushed as far into a corner as it would go.  Silly baby.  Everything looks great physically (thankfully!) and I'm measuring right on schedule for December 19th still.  Halfway there!

1 comment:

  1. This is so amazing. I have been following your blog for almost two years (since I got married in 2011) and I must say you and your hubby are very blessed. Wishing you the best as your date gets closer. Keep up the posting and congrats on all of your wonderful accomplishments together!

    ReplyDelete