Thursday, November 18, 2010

double layer pumpkin cheesecake

Let it be known that I don't (normally) make like 4 cakes/pies a week.  Sometimes I just have old pictures of my stuff to post along with recipes, or I give stuff away at staff meetings/to visiting teachees, take to family stuff, etc.  I wouldn't be able to handle eating as much as it probably seems that I do. I don't run enough for that- and even if I did try run enough for that, I would be so unhealthy from eating all that baking that I wouldn't be able to run enough. Hence, can't do it. Anywho- I really did make this last night. I had pumpkin left over from making something for a staff meeting and Sam came home from the store with sale cream cheese- so what was I supposed to do?

Double Layer Pumpkin Cheesecake
2 (8oz) packages cream cheese
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 pinch ground cloves
1 pinch ground nutmeg
Preheat oven to 325F.

 Combine cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla. Beat until smooth. Blend in eggs one at a time.  
Remove 1 cup of batter and spread it in the bottom of crust.


Add pumpkin and spices to remaining batter and stir gently until well blended. Carefully spread over first layer of batter in crust.
 Bake for 35-40 minutes in preheated oven in a water bath.  Allow to cool then refrigerate 3 hours or overnight. 


Whip up some whipped cream, lick the beaters, then eat some cheesecake!
sorry, my fork beat my camera to the slice

4 comments: