Sunday, August 5, 2012

Bryce Canyon Half Marathon

Back near the end of June I got to pace a half marathon down in southern Utah.  Sam came with me and we camped out in our tent for the night. The next day was very, very rainy so we didn't end up going hiking or anything like we had planned, but it was still a fun little weekend trip.


 
This race could have been really hot, so I'm glad for the rain.  It was quite a lot of steep downhill, which made pacing a lot slower than usual hard on the knees, though.

I think that this lovely lady portrays pretty well how soggy it was:

The views were really great. I carried my camera with me and tried to take pictures, but they came out very blurry from rain on the lens + bouncy running.  Here's what it looks like when it's sunny and you're standing still:

Overall, it was a fun little race in a great location. 

No comments:

Post a Comment